Sunday, December 7, 2008

untitled

I am a growing little boy,
Hearing whispers of fame.
Stories of great heroes gave more joy
To me than could any type of toy.
I hope to aspire to the same.
For this, I choose society to blame.

I am a vigorous young man,
Craving the glory and honor of war.
I will gladly fight the best that I can
In order to protect my precious homeland.
I know I’ll make my enemies pay for
Their vicious villainy right down to their core.

I am a fatigued fighting man,
Tired of this mundane yet malicious war.
Of this cruelty I am no longer a fan.
And now there is nothing that I want more than
To have known back then what was in store.
I am quite sorry I believed persuasive lore.

I am a bitter old man,
Ready for my end in this war,
Whatever that may mean, and
Now I know that I never can
Return to my youth once more.
I know nothing will be as before

So I am hoping to die in this war.

No comments: