Wednesday, April 1, 2009

High Tide


I close my eyes and see -
myself as I am, you
as you always have been,
it is night, the moon
is cloudhidden, the stars
but whispers reflected
upon the dark rolling ocean.

Every moment you make -
deliberate, the slipping
of lace from my shoulder,
satin from my thighs,
brush of your warm hand,
my heart is beating faster,
but time has slowed, lulling
like the waves.

A lifetime of pleasures
exhaled at the touch
of your lips upon my skin.

The urgency of lips upon lips
in kisses that steal the breath.

The waves come harder
and faster, though time
stretches out, the world
is only this, only us -
only this moment;
the moment too intense
to stop, to pause, to hesitate,
the moment we claim as ours.

We become one,
you, me, the sea, the sky
moving in unison,
Inhale each other,
exhaled into the sky,
pushed back inside
with rhythm of the waves,
tumbling through you,
pressing you further
into me, two lovers
caught in the play

of wave and wind.

1 comment:

Nikholic said...

Too good...........amazing narration. I like the end the game of wind and waves.