Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Under Empathic Skies

I am sitting under the night sky,
on the glider in the back yard;
the night blooming jasmine bush
is bent in arches heavy with scent.

I sway to and fro lazily,
my eyes search the midnight blue
sea of dancing stars,
and it begins to rain.

Warm fat drops plop
onto my skin, sensational
contact like clouded tears,
the skies see my lonely.

I hold myself rocking,
promising myself you -
waiting because its only you,
and my mind wonders when.

My second skin clothes
weigh me down,
my slick skin and hair
hold me in.

Tonight I bathe in the mourning
of darkened skies, witnesses
to my reaching arms
that close only around myself.

2 comments:

Nikholic said...

one more of your amazing stuffs.... the touch.

Pamela Glasner said...

I came across your blog because of a keyword search and thought you might want to know that a great new historical fantasy about Empaths, Spirits, Dreamwalking, etc, is coming out in the fall of this year .

“Finding Emmaus”, book one of The Lodestarre series, is a complex, dark historic fantasy about love and loss, obsession and the abuse of power, human frailties and a determination to live a life that matters. The psychiatric community has confused Empathic Personalities with mental illness with tragic results, leading two Empaths, living three hundred years apart, on personal journeys to learn the true nature of Empathy. Transcending time and death to right a centuries-old wrong, they inadvertently uncover a multi-billion dollar conspiracy in which millions of Americans are being misdiagnosed and drugged for no other reason than the enormous income they generate.

Other than needing my readers to believe in Empaths and ghosts - and, of course, my characters are fictional - everything else in the book is historically and factually correct.

I'd be honored if you would visit my blog and learn more about my book: http://lodestarre.blogspot.com/ It speaks to the very subject of your comments on your page. I hope you get something out of it.

Best regards,
Pamela