Friday, April 3, 2009

Matter of the Heart

I am lost in the strands of your hair,
the way words formed on your lips,
the way my name sounded in the tone
of your voice, the name only you call me.

I am undone when you said those small-
huge words, "Be mine forever", like a movie
response my heart jumped up and down,
it cried yes yes yes, the words echo.

I am breathless when you described
the feeling of coming home, a moment
shared between only us, intense
and deep, two naked souls.

I am dreaming of those early days,
of walks on the beach at night,
the simple way you said you would,
it was always meant to be with you.

I am glowing at the sound of your voice,
at your gentle reassurances and strong embrace,
at the possibilities that stretch out before us,
at that thought of being with you always.

No comments: