Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Welling Up

"Nobody loves me."

Drunk on your laughter. Your tears bleeding through my eyes. Drowning now in something incomprehensible and vague. I know you know exactly what I mean.

"Nobody loves me."

Forcing down these tears in a backroom bathroom. My palm against the wall. Waiting for you to come and end this. Waiting for you to put a stop to it all.

"Nobody loves me....It's true."

The world ceased spinning yesterday. I watched everyone flail away. And I wonder if we'll ever again be the same. Ever get back to this. And have control once more.

"Nobody loves me....It's true."

Picking out your voice in a crowd of thousands. Seeking desperately for a glimpse of your face. I need to touch you. I need to feel this. I need to find myself weak and vulnerable. You leave me

completely

defenseless.

"'Cause nobody loves me....It's true....Not like you do."

No comments: