Friday, January 2, 2009

I'll Be the One

You used to be my sun and moon
My prize and star
I don't have those anymore
I've come millions of miles
And braved tempest after raging tempest
All to come out something stronger in the end
To be something better
Something we could both love
I don't have it anymore
And I cannot fathom why
I know, but I do not
I understand, but I lack comprehension
I guess I'm just not constructed this way
Giving up was something I was never very capable of
I guess my father's arrogance
His pride shines through
I'm just like him
I'll never accept defeat
And I'll never quit until every last limb is broken
Until my last breath is taken and expelled
I know I'm going to die fighting
You used to be my sun and moon
I wish that I could have that once more
But I'm giving up on dreaming

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi friend,

Simply superb....
keep it up...

Regards,
don.

~*wILd chILd*~ said...

Thank you for your kind words. :)