Thursday, January 22, 2009

Long Strolls Through Open Oil Fields

Drowning out the sound of passing pedestrians
Coasting by gas stations and out of luck
Weathering the storm on the front porch with an old acoustic Gibson
Grandfather's best
People in fury trying to figure out where they're going
Flipping me off, passing on the interstate
Me pointing to gas price signs and easing off the accelerator
Everything in life seems to slow down
And we're caged in this house with no hope of ever getting out
Quick drives to the library become protracted walks
Meet a person along the way and let time transpire into moonlight
Appreciate this moment to be here and alive
And enjoy the finer things in life
I like to stray to on those long nights spent in my room
Take a slow cigarette and pass
Just fall back on my pillow and relax, drift to sleep
Promise me you'll still be here this time...

No comments: