Thursday, November 27, 2008

You saved my life

I lay there in pain for what seems like a day
I turn side to side but it hurts any way

My heart is racing and my pulse is too high
And I can’t help but think, "why God? Why?"

My ribs are all bruised and my chest feels so tight
And I lay there expecting this to be my last night

But it can’t be over now, I have to try and fight
Then out of the distance, a light shines so bright

A man walks towards me, could this be an angel?
Someone I know? Or maybe a stranger?

As he becomes clearer I see that it's true
The most handsome man....that man was you

You knelt down beside me and place your hand on my hand
Then touched my fingers and said, "Now just try and rest"

It was like magic my pain had all gone away
But there were no words in my mind I could say

With all but a gasp I said, "You saved my life"
The reply I got back, "It’s my job, you are my life!"

I awoke with a breath like never before
Sat straight up in bed and put my feet on the floor

I realized again all you've done for me
Through sickness you've stayed and it’s helped me see...

...how special you are, how much you do
And all you are to me, I want to be to you

You’re amazing, you're smart, you're one of a kind
And I know for a fact, you're always on my mind

I love you so much and I’ll never let go
Cuz you're the greatest person that I’ll ever know

No comments: