Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grandma

In times of trouble you where there, you always had my back
And every time I’d come over, you had fresh cookies on the rack

You could always tell when something was wrong, when something had me down
And yet you always knew what to say, to get rid of my saddened frown

I prayed so hard night after night, for God to keep you here
Cuz I knew it'd be so hard to say goodbye, to someone I held so dear

You wanted to see me "become a big girl" and turn the big "one six"
But I guess God had other plans, cuz that birthday you had to miss

What will never leave my mind; slowly watching you slip away
Getting the dreaded phone call, I’ll never forget that day

So I say now, what I never got to say, as your time came to an end
Grandma I love you, my tough love, my support, and my friend

No comments: