Wednesday, July 22, 2009

As I lie looking out without you

I, in my bed darling, look out at the sky,
the rain coming down, the clouds
clustering darkly, and I feel your arms
come around me from behind
drawing me close, as we lie together
looking out the window beside the bed.

I feel your heart beating -
through your skin, through mine,
pressed together and I imagine
your smile, I feel it is there.

I hear your voice in my ear,
whispered, hushed.
Words only meant for me,
and I feel my own smile,
content in the moment.

The world ceases to be
aside from our view,
what matters most
exists between us -
the way our bodies touch,
the sight we share,
this moment we claim
for our own.

4 comments:

Mike said...

That was great, come to my blog(Wizard of Otin) and lnk up at the bottom of my rhyming Wednesday post, I am trying to get something going!

CutePriya said...

Awww.... loved each expression in it! beautiful!

Nikholic said...

Buddy good see you after a long time, Fantastic post considering the season and the fire it possess. You always manage to full the best of emotion in few of words.

~*wILd chILd*~ said...

@ Otin :
Yes, I surely will. Thank you. :-)

@ CutePriya :
Thanks a lot. Good to see you. :-)

@ Nickholic :
Hey Buddy,
Good to see you too. Thank you. :-)